Library card & membership
To obtain a free library card: provide librarian with photo identification with a street address indicating proof of residency in the Kaslo & District Public Library service area. (eg. BC driver’s license, BC ID, property tax receipt, utility bill). Scroll down for definition of KDPL service area and other available options for memberships.
- Library cards are valid for 3 years. Cards may be renewed.
- Children may get their own library cards. Applicants under 16 require a parent or legal guardian to sign on their behalf.
- 20 items may be borrowed at one time on a KDPL card
- a valid KDPL card is required to download e-books, audiobooks, and magazines or to access library databases
- See Loan Periods & Late Fees
- Please report lost or stolen cards immediately. You are responsible for items borrowed on your card. Replacement card fee is $2
KDPL Service Area -no membership fee: If you live in the Village of Kaslo or the defined (tax-contributing) portion of Area D from Coffee Creek to Schroeder Creek and including Argenta, Johnson’s Landing and Birchdale, then library services at KDPL are paid for through taxation. Non-resident property owners of Kaslo and the defined Area D and their families do not have to pay a fee to use the library.
Annual membership fee: applies to residents of the non-tax contributing portion of Area D. The fee is $40 per individual and $10 for children under the age of 16
BC OneCard: BC residents must present their home BC library card and photo ID to participate. There is a limit of 20 items borrowed from the Kaslo & District Public Library. Interlibrary loans are not part of this service.
Temporary membership fee: Out of province visitors may be issued a Temporary library card on presenting a photo ID and a $50.00 deposit. There is a limit of 5 items borrowed on a Temporary Library Card. Interlibrary loans are not part of this service. Upon the return of all borrowed material as well as the temporary library card, $35.00 will be refunded to the borrower by mail. Temporary cards expire in 6 months.