The Kaslo & District Public Library recognizes the right of all library users to privacy regarding collection of personal information and use of library materials and services. It is a priority to protect personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA).
If you would like to view your patron account record at the library, a photo ID must be presented.
All information related to a library user may only be used by library employees and library volunteers working within the scope of their duties. The following will not be disclosed to a third party unless one of the exceptions apply:
- address, phone number, or email address of library users, staff or volunteers
- if a person is (or was) registered as a library user
- library card number
- borrowing history, reading preferences, library services used
- types of reference questions asked
- interlibrary loans requested or holds placed/held
- records of overdue items, registrations for library programs
- sign-up sheets for public computer or wireless use
Personal information about a child (under the age of 13) will be released only with the written approval from the parent or legal guardian along with photo ID.
A court order to release information will be honoured.