New Library Project

Building for the next 100 years…

The Kaslo & District Public Library celebrated 100 YEARS on December 18, 2020. After 39 years of operations from the ground floor of City Hall, we have outgrown our space and  the time has come to plan for a new facility to better serve the community.

The KDPL Board has made this a priority in the 2019-2023 strategic plan.

Thanks to a strong working partnership with the Village of Kaslo and funding support from CBT, there has been good progress so far:

  • The Kaslo Library Building Select Committee – with representation from Village Council and the Library Board – meets monthly. In 2021, meetings will be public and minutes will be posted (see button above).
  • Land is purchased on Front Street
  • A CBT Land Acquisitions Grant funded 60% of the land purchase cost. Of the remaining 40%, just over half the amount is secured by donations & pledges.
  • An Investing in Canada Infrastructure Grant was submitted Oct 1st – results will be announced in summer.
  • Early phase conceptual design plans provide direction. Community input will help to develop plans further.
  • The NEW Fundraising Committee is brainstorming events & ways to achieve fundraising goals. Stay tuned!

To keep informed, visit this page regularly. Click on the buttons above for more information and ways to participate. Contact us to provide input.

Updated March 2, 2021