Building for the next 100 years…
The Kaslo & District Public Library celebrated 100 YEARS on December 18, 2020. After 40 years of operations from the ground floor of City Hall, we have outgrown our space and the time has come to plan for a new facility to better serve the community.
The KDPL Board has made this a priority in the 2019-2023 strategic plan.
Thanks to a strong working partnership with the Village of Kaslo, dedicated fundraising & planning committees, and funding support via donations, grants, and events there has been good progress so far:
- The Kaslo Library Building Select Committee – with representation from Village Council and the Library Board – has been meeting since 2019. In 2021, meetings will be held as needed and open to the public.
- Land is secured at the corner of Front and Fifth Streets. Thanks to outstanding support, this phase of the New Library Project was completed by June 2021. See attached poster here.
- A 2021 donation jump starts New Library Building Fund. Press release here
- On September 21, 2022, we launched updated design plans developed by Carscadden Stokes McDonald Architects. Changes were made for greater accessibility and energy efficiencies and use of carbon neutral materials. Mechanical, electrical, and structural systems were developed as well as a more accurate cost estimate (class B) to provide direction and support grant applications. Click on the library icon above to learn more.
- Upcoming fundraiser events: Perimeter Plaque donation board. See poster here. NOV 5: A Gala Event. Details to follow.
To keep informed, visit this page regularly. Click on the buttons above for more information. Contact us to provide input or ask questions.
Updated September 23, 2022