Building for the next 100 years…
The Kaslo & District Public Library celebrated 100 YEARS on December 18, 2020. After 39 years of operations from the ground floor of City Hall, we have outgrown our space and the time has come to plan for a new facility to better serve the community.
The KDPL Board has made this a priority in the 2019-2023 strategic plan.
Thanks to a strong working partnership with the Village of Kaslo, funding support from CBT & CFNKLS, plus several donations, a successful auction, and dedicated volunteers there has been good progress so far:
- The Kaslo Library Building Select Committee – with representation from Village Council and the Library Board – has been meeting since 2019. In 2021, meetings will be held as needed and open to the public. Approved minutes will be posted (see button above).
- Phase 1: Land Purchase at the corner of Front and Fifth Streets is complete. See attached poster here. Many thanks for outstanding support!
- An Investing in Canada Infrastructure Grant was submitted Oct 1st – results will be announced in summer.
- Early phase conceptual design plans – developed by Richard Hunter Architects with heritage consultant Robert Inwood – provide direction. Community input will help to develop plans further.
- Our Fundraising Committee is brainstorming events & ways to achieve fundraising goals. Stay tuned!
To keep informed, visit this page regularly. Click on the buttons above for more information and ways to participate. Contact us to provide input.
Updated June 22, 2021